Every week I host the DelCor Social Media Sweet Spot where I like to share my favorite blog posts, articles, and news about upcoming association events. Interviews and my Follow Friday choices for association types.
This week I had a few technical difficulties, although I finally managed to record using my iPhone. Because everything was thrown off schedule I wanted to recap some key blog posts, thoughts, and fun stuff from the show.
Meeting "Del Corian"
Maybe you are friends with Del on Facebook. Maybe you've seen his photos on one of our promotions for social media or witnessed his slick moves at Trans Am shows around the world. I finally had the chance to catch up with this international playboy about his thoughts on social media and he answered questions we received from his many fans.
You can watch the interview here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/delcor-social-media-sweet-spot
Even MeetMeme staff were excited with Del
Conferences and Events
My favorite parts of #FSAE11:
1. FSAE compiled Takeaway Tweets from each session (using paper in each session) during the conference and shared them from their official twitter handle. Brilliant!
2. The "Meet the Geeks" area was next to the social media lounge and ensured there would be good conversation and a genuine "geeky" vibe during the conference...great idea and good location.
3. Solid sessions: Not too many and not too few available, yet it was still difficult to choose between them. Every session was solid.
- American Society of Association Executives Annual - August 6-9, 2011 (#ASAE11)
The YAP Party is always a blast...this year is no different. Dress (or accessorize) in red and meet the phenomenal Young Association Professionals in their natural habitat...the club. ;-)
- EventCamp Twin Cities - August 25-26, 2011
Event Camp Twin Cities is where I first saw the power of the hybrid meeting when it really works. Last year I attended virtually. This year I will be there in person to learn how they do it behind-the-scenes with my own eyes. I'll be speaking there and I am looking forward to meeting with other members of the #eventprofs community. Follow #ECTC11 for more details.
The work that Eric Lanke and his colleagues involved with the innovation team for the Wisconsin Society of Association Executives not only inspires me, but also intrigues. Eric and his cohorts have been working on this project for a couple years now and this innovation summit is bound to stir the pot. We can follow along
Dancing with a minimally dressed person in Miami for FSAE
Call for Session Proposals
- California Society of Association Executives ELEVATE Conference
- Association Forum of Chicagoland's Holiday Showcase
- NTEN's Nonprofit Technology Conference
Blogs and Stuff
- Jeffrey Cufaude discusses the value of the conference
- John Ricco discusses stepping away from technology to prioritize
- Betsy Boyd Flynn shares her most difficult year in associations with us
- Shonali Burke tells us about the amazing Facebook Post app
- Checking out the ASAE Collaborate Beta Site looks good
- Jeff Hurt 's motivational post on Facebook
- Check out how you can Twitterize yourself...fun infographics we can all use!
- Twitter gives us new ways we can expect spam in our Twitter feeds
- Maddie shares a nifty social media job on Twitter
Follow Friday (#FF) for the Week: @socialmediabutt